Is 2022 Going to Be the Year to Adopt a PIM System?
- September 21, 2022
- Posted by: adminuser
- Categories: Akeneo PIM Page, PIMCore Services
According to Statista, a global business data platform, retail e-commerce sales worldwide are slated to hit 5.5 billion USD in 2022. The growth rate of retail e-commerce has hastened since the pandemic and will continue to accelerate in the foreseeable future. This is absolutely good news for businesses in the e-commerce industry. And if you were hesitant about whether your investment in technology is a step in the right direction, don’t.
In the last couple of years, most retailers have put in place robust front-end and back-end e-commerce systems but continue to use excel to manage their product information. Product managers, marketers, and sales spend valuable time wrestling with content updation in siloed systems, debating data accuracy, and wondering if the data on the various sales channels is accurate. If this is the situation in your organization, you need to address it now. Adopt a product information management software or PIM.
What is the information that you can store in a PIM?
- Basic Product Data: MPN, GTIN, model name, and product images.
- Marketing Messaging: Short marketing description, marketing texts, and warranty notes.
- Rich content: Reasons-to-buy, bullet points, product story, videos, PDFs, user guides, and manuals.
- Product specifications: Age group, materials, hazardous material warnings, product dimensions, package dimensions, product weight, package weight, and product color.
Advantages of a PIM
- A PIM such as Pimcore allows relevant teams, such as product managers, marketers, and sales collaborate in information creation and access a single source of truth.
- With increasingly accurate information generated, the product information displayed on sales channels from a PIM is high quality.
- With no repetition and reworks in content, your organization optimizes labor costs.
- Integration with your front-end e-commerce solution and back-end ERP enables your organization to sell more and ensure accurate inventory.
- With increasing automation, your organization relies less on manpower and allows technology to work longer and harder for return on investment.
Still, wondering if your B2B or B2C e-commerce organization needs product information management software?
If you want to be sure that you are making the right investment in a PIM, reach out to Navabrind IT Solutions. We will help you identify the best PIM software for your needs. We have deployed and integrated PIM software for several retail and manufacturing customers.
With over a decade of expertise in e-commerce solutions, we also help small and medium e-commerce businesses deploy Magento, Odoo ERP and integrate them with your Pimcore solution. We have also helped B2B and B2C clients in the US, Europe, and India with mobile apps, cloud solutions, complex customizations, and have software developers you can hire.
Is 2022 Going to Be the Year to Adopt a PIM System? September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Categories: Akeneo PIM Page, PIMCore Services No Comments According to Statista, a global business data platform, retail e-commerce sales worldwide are slated to hit 5.5 billion USD in 2022. The growth rate of retail e-commerce has hastenedSeptember 21, 2022
5 Reasons Why Digital Asset Management is Important for Brand Success September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: DAM No Comments Marketing is a core business function in a company. This is truer for an e-commerce business that is in the retail and apparel industry. Here, organizations need to constantly jostle with stiff competition toSeptember 21, 2022
Omnichannel: The Powerful New Direction of E-Commerce September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: E-Commerce Development No Comments As an e-commerce business owner, you may want to brush past big words like omnichannel commerce or omnichannel retailing. But when it comes to delivering world-class customer experience, it is definitely something you want to do. AsSeptember 21, 2022