Is 2022 Going to Be the Year to Adopt a PIM System?
- September 21, 2022
- Posted by: tony
- Categories: Akeneo PIM Page, PIMCore Services
According to Statista, a global business data platform, retail e-commerce sales worldwide are slated to hit 5.5 billion USD in 2022. The growth rate of retail e-commerce has hastened since the pandemic and will continue to accelerate in the foreseeable future. This is absolutely good news for businesses in the e-commerce industry. And if you were hesitant about whether your investment in technology is a step in the right direction, don’t.
In the last couple of years, most retailers have put in place robust front-end and back-end e-commerce systems but continue to use excel to manage their product information. Product managers, marketers, and sales spend valuable time wrestling with content updation in siloed systems, debating data accuracy, and wondering if the data on the various sales channels is accurate. If this is the situation in your organization, you need to address it now. Adopt a product information management software or PIM.
What is the information that you can store in a PIM?
- Basic Product Data: MPN, GTIN, model name, and product images.
- Marketing Messaging: Short marketing description, marketing texts, and warranty notes.
- Rich content: Reasons-to-buy, bullet points, product story, videos, PDFs, user guides, and manuals.
- Product specifications: Age group, materials, hazardous material warnings, product dimensions, package dimensions, product weight, package weight, and product color.
Advantages of a PIM
- A PIM such as Pimcore allows relevant teams, such as product managers, marketers, and sales collaborate in information creation and access a single source of truth.
- With increasingly accurate information generated, the product information displayed on sales channels from a PIM is high quality.
- With no repetition and reworks in content, your organization optimizes labor costs.
- Integration with your front-end e-commerce solution and back-end ERP enables your organization to sell more and ensure accurate inventory.
- With increasing automation, your organization relies less on manpower and allows technology to work longer and harder for return on investment.
Still, wondering if your B2B or B2C e-commerce organization needs product information management software?
If you want to be sure that you are making the right investment in a PIM, reach out to Navabrind IT Solutions.
We will help you identify the best PIM software for your needs. We have deployed and integrated PIM software for several retail and manufacturing customers.
With over a decade of expertise in e-commerce solutions, we also help small and medium e-commerce businesses deploy Magento, Odoo ERP and integrate them with your Pimcore solution. We have also helped B2B and B2C clients in the US, Europe, and India with mobile apps, cloud solutions, complex customizations, and have software developers you can hire.
What is Vulnerability Management? How to Avoid Vulnerability in a Magento Store
What is Vulnerability Management? How to Avoid Vulnerability in a Magento Store March 24, 2023 Posted by: tony Category: Magento No Comments As our dependence on technology increases so do the number and type of devices, applications, tools, and hardware. Combining hardware with software applications makes for a complex mix that may be on theMarch 24, 2023
Magento Security Scanner to Find Vulnerabilities & Malware
Magento Security Scanner to Find Vulnerabilities & Malware March 17, 2023 Posted by: tony Category: Uncategorized No Comments According to website security solutions provider Astra, all e-commerce platforms, including Magento, have vulnerabilities. As a result, 62% of e-commerce stores have had at least one exposure to malware, and 60% of stores have an SWF (orMarch 17, 2023
Magento Braintree: A Complete Configuration Guide
Magento Braintree: A Complete Configuration Guide March 3, 2023 Posted by: tony Category: E-Commerce Development No Comments When a business plans an e-commerce site, its next concern is usually the payment gateway to integrate with. There are a large number of options in the market. The payment gateway an enterprise chooses depends on its businessMarch 3, 2023