5 Tips to Select the Right IT Consultant for Your E-Commerce Business
- August 3, 2022
- Posted by: adminuser
- Category: Consulting Services
Many small and medium-sized e-commerce companies have a fantastic business or product plan. Unfortunately, some fail to realize this or hesitate to ask for advice to bring these ideas to fruition fast enough. As competition increases, go-to-market time is shrinking and rapidly. Do not hesitate to retain that leg up and get the support when you need it, as you need it.
If you are mulling over a business or product idea and looking for an IT consultant to help you execute it, here are 5 tips that should help you choose the right consultant for your e-commerce business
- Experience in your industry: a good IT consultant should have at least a decade of experience in a host of industries including e-commerce. This ensures that he is bringing to the table his extensive experience and learnings from other projects. Before you finalize on the consultant, you can also verify his/her experience by asking for references.
- Exposure to the right technology: this is a crucial point and can make the difference between the success and failure of your business or product idea. The IT consultant must have extensive exposure to technology including e-commerce. This ensures that you will receive the right guidance and support. Have as many conversations as you can with the consultant to ascertain that s/he really does understand your domain.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: you and your team will be working closely with the IT consultant and therefore s/he must have excellent communication and know-how to nurture and work with a team. Poor communication skills could set you back weeks. Interacting with the consultant a few times will indicate whether s/he has these skills or not.
- Professional and well connected in the industry: ideally, you would want to leverage your IT consultant’s contact to further your business ideas. For this to happen, your consultant must be well connected. This allows you to grow faster – perhaps by identifying funding for your product, or someone who can explain the licensing process, or someone who can connect you with a large distributor.
- Positive, proactive, with a coaching mindset: this is also a quality worth having in your consultant. After all, there will be moments when you would feel intimidated by the work at hand, or you may not have skills in some areas of business. Besides advising you on your product and technology, your IT consultant may also need to mentor you. The consultant should be ready for this and have the skillsets to support you too. Helping you recalibrate your expectations and being honest.
Is your B2B or B2C e-commerce company looking for an IT consultant? If it is for an e-commerce business, look no further than Navabrind IT Solutions. We have had clients in industries such as e-commerce, retail, automotive, electronics, manufacturing, engineering, healthcare, IT and BPM, real estate, and textiles. We have helped them implement, integrate, customize, migrate, support, and maintain their B2B and B2C applications, and we can help you too.
Navabrind IT Solutions has over a decade of expertise in e-commerce offerings. We help small and medium e-commerce businesses deploy Magento, Akeneo PIM, and Odoo ERP. We have also helped our clients with mobile apps solutions, cloud solutions, complex customizations, and have software developers you can hire.
Is 2022 Going to Be the Year to Adopt a PIM System? September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Categories: Akeneo PIM Page, PIMCore Services No Comments According to Statista, a global business data platform, retail e-commerce sales worldwide are slated to hit 5.5 billion USD in 2022. The growth rate of retail e-commerce has hastenedSeptember 21, 2022
5 Reasons Why Digital Asset Management is Important for Brand Success September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: DAM No Comments Marketing is a core business function in a company. This is truer for an e-commerce business that is in the retail and apparel industry. Here, organizations need to constantly jostle with stiff competition toSeptember 21, 2022
Omnichannel: The Powerful New Direction of E-Commerce September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: E-Commerce Development No Comments As an e-commerce business owner, you may want to brush past big words like omnichannel commerce or omnichannel retailing. But when it comes to delivering world-class customer experience, it is definitely something you want to do. AsSeptember 21, 2022