Top 5 Product Information Management Software in the Market
- August 3, 2022
- Posted by: adminuser
- Category: Akeneo PIM Page
Most e-commerce retailers sell thousands of SKUs and varieties of products. Managing the marketing information related to all these various products, creating channel-wise marketing collateral, and sharing this information between the sales and marketing teams, can become a jumble of activities that are prone to error.
When e-commerce businesses handle a large number of products, sell online and in-store, and need to manage product information across sales channels, Product Information Management Software becomes an absolute necessity.
What is Product information management (PIM) software?
Product information management (PIM) software helps users manage all the product information in one single repository. Whether the product information is in text, images, videos, ppts, pdf, audio files, or in any other digital format.
A PIM empowers e-commerce businesses at multiple levels.
- It helps the creative team manage and disseminate visuals with ease. Creating channel-wise collaterals, and tracking their consumption.
- A PIM enables the brand team to ensure the brand image is easily curated and disseminated.
- A PIM enables creative, marketing, and sales teams to collaborate across geographies.
- It enables the marketing team to access the correct and current marketing information and disseminate it in the current channels.
- A PIM ensures that customers have a single visual and content experience of the enterprise.
If your e-commerce business is planning to adopt PIM software, you are probably wondering which is the best software for you. The market is flooded with options and that’s why we have put together a short ready-reckoner of the top 5 PIM software widely in use.
What are the top 5 PIM software being widely used?
Here is a list of the top 5 product information management software that is being used by most enterprises worldwide.
Akeneo PIM – is also known as a product experience management (PXM) solution and can be deployed for e-commerce, mobile, and physical point of sale. It is an open-source PIM, that is easily customizable and user-friendly. Akeneo PIM is also a comprehensive solution and comes in three versions, namely, Enterprise Edition Growth Edition, and Community Edition. Akeneo PIM is widely used not only for the expanding feature set it offers but also because it can be integrated with a number of front-end solutions. Akeneo has a connector with Magento2, the most widely used e-commerce front-end platform.
Some Features of Akeneo PIM
- Access activity dashboards
- Create asset categorization
- Create an asset library
- Engage in Asset Lifecycle Management
- Easily engage in asset sharing
- Integrate with a CMS
- Create catalog, categorization, and groups
- Leverage collaboration tools
- Create content and create a content library
- Customize company branding
- Access data analysis tools
- Engage in data capture, transfer, and modeling
- Access Digital Asset Management
- Engage in management – distribution, marketing,
- Multi-Channel Distribution, management, marketing, and more
Pricing: Akeneo PIM offers a free trial, a free plan, and a subscription model.
Pimcore – After Akeneo PIM, Pimcore is probably the second most widely used PIM software. It is used by over 100,000 businesses worldwide. The Pimcore platform is used to manage, aggregate, and distribute digital products and master data for any channel and deliver user-centric personalized customer experience on any device. Pimcore offers three editions, namely Cloud Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Community Edition. The key reason why Pimcore is so widely used is that it offers built-in DAM, CMS, and digital commerce modules. It enables users to manage product information, build a digital experience, and sell through just one platform. The software also has an API-driven architecture and is open source.
Some Features of Pimcore
- Data modeling
- Data management
- Data quality management
- Workflow management
- Digital asset management
- Omnichannel publishing
- App and data integration
- Product experience portal
- Product data syndication
- Marketplace integration
- Product feed management
- Enterprise translation management
- MS Office and Adobe integration
- Enterprise print publishing
Pricing: To learn about the pricing, schedule a demo of Pimcore and then receive a customized quote.
Salsify – combines three solutions to offer its users an experience management platform, namely, integrated PIM, digital asset management, and experience builder. Salsify is a cloud-based PIM solution that gives its users real-time information. It has been recognized by Forrester in 2021 as a visionary and fast-moving PIM software. This PIM is ideal for manufacturers, retailers, and distributors. It includes a robust product experience management suite and multiple syndication options. If your e-commerce business needs to syndicate content to a large number of marketplaces and across channels, Salsify is just what you need. This PIM also has strong data enrichment features and can be installed in a short 3 to 6 weeks.
Some Features of Salsify PIM
- Access controls and permissions
- Asset sharing, categorization, and asset library
- Audit management
- Catalog creation and categorization
- Channel analytics
- Collaboration tools
- Content creation option
- Content management via a library
- Content publishing options
- Cross-selling functionality
- Data modeling, quality control
- Digital asset management
- Document classification and management
- Master record management
- Metadata management
- Multi-channel and multi-store marketing
- Product lifecycle management
- Resource management
Pricing: Salsify offers a subscription model that can be customized and scaled to the needs of its customers.
Catsy – is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses, and is a PIM and DAM solution. Besides its other features, Catsy allows for the linking of product information and digital assets. It also enables the creation of distributor-ready content. Catsy integrates easily with platforms such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, and others. It also allows for easy importing and exporting of data in bulk, this is especially beneficial when product information needs to be updated on a daily basis. Catsy is also aesthetically designed and has image tiles, categories, and filters that are adjustable to each user.
Some Features of Catsy PIM
- Metadata tagging
- Catalog design and publication
- Digital assets import and export
- Data validation and completion
- Digital assets management
- Task management and notifications
- Workflow customization tools
- Digital assets transformation
- Bulk maintenance
- Search and filter
- Barcode creation
- Data publication to marketplaces
- Channel formatting
- Product content management
- Content completion reports
Pricing: Catsy has three versions on offer namely Team, Professional, and Enterprise and you have to request a quote.
Kontainer – over 350 companies use Kontainer and say this product information management software is elegantly designed and user-friendly. Kontainer brings together robust PIM and DAM software so that not only do users store all their products related to digital content in a single repository but can seamlessly access it to create marketing collaterals. Kontainer has been carefully designed so that data can be easily shared with resellers, webshops, and B2B platforms via export or integration.
Some Features of Kontainer PIM
- Advanced media search
- Advanced user permissions
- Album management
- Comment and approval tool
- Digital showroom
- Local file browsing
- Crop and conversion tool
- MS Office and Adobe integration
- Tag management
- CMS and webshop integration
- GDPR and data management
- Sales presentation tool
- Integrated image editing
- Integration with DAM, ERP, CRM, and email marketing tool
Pricing: Kontainer offers a 30-day free trial and the pricing is customized to an e-commerce business need.
The PIM Software you choose depends on your needs and the ERP you need to integrate with it.
Are you looking to adopt product information management software for your B2B or B2C e-commerce business? Are you trying to decide which is the right software for you? Reach out to Navabrind IT Solutions. We have installed Akeneo PIM and Pimcore software, customized, and integrated it for retailers across the US, Europe, and India. We will be happy to share our perspectives and experiences with you. Mail us to know more about our offerings or to schedule a call.
With over a decade of expertise in e-commerce solutions, we help small and medium e-commerce businesses deploy Magento and Odoo ERP. We have clients in Retail, E-commerce, Manufacturing, Logistics, and other industries with mobile app solutions, cloud solutions, and complex customizations. You also have software developers you can hire.
Is 2022 Going to Be the Year to Adopt a PIM System? September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Categories: Akeneo PIM Page, PIMCore Services No Comments According to Statista, a global business data platform, retail e-commerce sales worldwide are slated to hit 5.5 billion USD in 2022. The growth rate of retail e-commerce has hastenedSeptember 21, 2022
5 Reasons Why Digital Asset Management is Important for Brand Success September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: DAM No Comments Marketing is a core business function in a company. This is truer for an e-commerce business that is in the retail and apparel industry. Here, organizations need to constantly jostle with stiff competition toSeptember 21, 2022
Omnichannel: The Powerful New Direction of E-Commerce September 21, 2022 Posted by: adminuser Category: E-Commerce Development No Comments As an e-commerce business owner, you may want to brush past big words like omnichannel commerce or omnichannel retailing. But when it comes to delivering world-class customer experience, it is definitely something you want to do. AsSeptember 21, 2022